Air conditioning (often referred to as AC, A/C or air con) is a system used to cool down the temperature in an inside space by removing the existing heat and moisture from the room. Essentially, they work by taking warm air into a system and dispersing cold air, but there is much more to this process.
Air-conditioning is a process that simultaneously conditions air, distributes it combined with the outdoor air to the conditioned space or zone.
HVAC Air conditioning at the same time controls and maintains temperature,humidity, air movement, air cleanliness, sound level and pressure differential for the comfort of its residents ,workers,process requirements or preservation of goods/items placed in it.
An air-conditioning system or HVACR (heating,ventilation ,airconditioning and Refrigeration) system consists of components and equipment arranged in sequential order to heat or cool, humidify or dehumidify, clean and purify air to conditioned space.
Functions of air-conditioning system also include to attenuate objectionable equipment noise, transport the conditioned outdoor air and recirculate air to the conditioned space, and control and maintain an indoor or enclosed environment at optimum energy use.
Applications of Air-Conditioning
Air-conditioning systems in its simplest form are sometimes also called ac air conditioning or windows air conditioning.Some of applications / buildings where air conditioning systems are used ,are listed below.
- Institutional buildings, air conditioned in buildings such as hospitals and nursing homes
- Commercial buildings, air conditioned in buildings such as offices, stores, and shopping centers
- Residential buildings, including single-family and multifamily low-rise or high rise buildings
- Manufacturing buildings, which manufacture and store products
- Process related buildings,air conditioned in buildings or spaces where there is need to supply conditioned air for process cooling or background environment cooling for machines