Mud and Woodern Flooring used in Construction Advantages and Disadvantages
Dirt, raw soil, or other unworked ground materials are used to create earthen flooring, Mud flooring is also known as Adobe flooring. It is commonly made of a mixture of sand, clay, and finely chopped straw in modern times. Mud flooring is often used in villages, where the qualities of the soil are improved by altering the composition of the soil by adding appropriate stabilizers. The soil’s tensile and shear strength are improved and shrinking is minimized.
If the flooring is well-done, it improves the house’s aesthetic appeal. Mud flooring is a sort of natural flooring. Mud has always been the most straightforward material for building construction.
Advantages of Mud Flooring:
Mud flooring has the following advantages:
It is inexpensive and durable.
It’s simple to put together. It does not necessitate the use of specialized workers.
It offers excellent thermal insulation. It is chilly in the summer and warm in the winter.
It is safe for the environment.
It is resistant to fire.
It is completely silent.
Mud flooring’s sole drawback is that it is not moisture resistant.
Disadvantages of Mud Flooring:
Mud flooring has the following major disadvantages:
- Maintenance: A thin cement cow-dung wash (1:12 to 1:3) is applied to the mud floor once or twice a week to keep it clean.
- It is unsuitable for modern structures.
Suitability of Mud Flooring:
- Mud flooring is simple to maintain, stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and is thus ideal for areas where the temperature fluctuates dramatically over these seasons.
- These floors are not produced in business or professional structures, but only in rural homes where the cheapest and most convenient alternative is chosen.
Wood flooring refers to any product made of wood that is intended for use as flooring, whether structurally or aesthetically. Wood is a popular flooring option, and it comes in a variety of designs, colors, cuts, and species. Bamboo flooring is sometimes is taken for wood flooring, even though it is made of grass (bamboo) rather than wood.
Advantages of Wooden Flooring:
- Easy maintenance, durability, and a wide range of styles are some of the advantages of wood flooring.
- Pet hair and dander are easily removed from wood floors, making them much simpler to maintain than carpet. They are extremely long-lasting, and with appropriate maintenance, they will continue to look wonderful for many years.
- From solid hardwood to engineered hardwood to bamboo, wood flooring is available in a range of designs and materials. Wooden flooring is available in different colors.
- Wood floors are not only beautiful, but they are also quite durable, making them ideal for households with dogs and children.