IS Code for Sand METHODS OF TEST FOR
IS 2386 part 2 is used in the silt content test of sand. You can download IS Code 2386 Part II by using the below link.
- This Indian Standard (Part II) was adopted by the Indian Standards Institution on 22 August 1963, after the draft finalized by the Cement and Concrete Sectional Committee had been approved by the
Building Division Council.
- One of the major contributing factors to the quality of concrete is the
quality of aggregates used therein. The test methods given in this
standard are intended to assist in assessing the quality of aggregates.
In a given situation, for a particular aggregate, it may not be necessary
to assess all the qualities and therefore it is necessary to determine beforehand the purpose for which a concrete: is being used and the qualities
of the aggregate which require to be assessed. Accordingly, the relevant
test methods may be chosen from amongst the various tests covered in
this standard. For the convenience of the users the test methods are
~roupcd into the following eight parts of Indian Standard Methods of
Test for Aggregates for Concrete ( IS : 2386-1963 ):
- Part I Particle Size and Shape
- Part II Estimation of Deleterious Materials and Organic
- Part III Impurities
- Part IV Specific Gravity, Density, Voids, Absorption and Bulking
- Part V Mechanical Properties
- Part VI Soundness
- Part VII Measuring Mortar Making Properties of Fine Aggregate
- Part VIII Alkali Aggregate Reactivity Petrographic Examination