Advantages Of Dye Penetration Testing
- Highly Portable and are easily available in aerosol spray cans.
- Cost-effective as the materials and equipment that are correlated to the dye penetration test are economical.
- Examining complex shapes can be conducted effortlessly.
- Dye penetration testing can be performed really quick and can cover large areas without any trouble.
- This method is suitable for a wide variety of materials.
- High sensitivity as this technique can detect even the most minor flaws skillfully.
- A visual representation of the defect is obtained with the indications present on the surface of the material.
Disadvantages Of Dye Penetration Inspection
- Proper chemical handling & disposal is needed.
- This particular method is only limited to identifying flaws present on the surface.
- The surface finish of the material can be responsible for affecting the sensitivity.
- Non-porous surface elements are suitable for dye penetration testing.
- So many steps needed to be performed and controlled in order to reach the end goal.
- Cleaning the material before starting the inspection process can actually hide some of the defects.
- The examiner of the material must have direct access to the surface area that has to be inspected.